portabello mushrooms

Hello eveyone!

I need some help.  My mom and I, on a whim, bought some portabello mushrooms
last night.  What do we do with them??  Do we need to marinate them overnight?
How do we wash them.  I had a delicious portabello sandwich (and I don't even
like mushrooms!!) at a deli at school and now that I'm home for holidays I
want my mom and dad to taste them...but I want it to be good.

TIA,

Leah