Oatmeal-Buttermilk Pancakes

For those with an overabundance of oats &/or a desire for pancakes here is
a delicious, easy, make-ahead recipe.

OATMEAL-BUTTERMILK PANCAKES from _Diet for a Small Planet_ by Frances Moore
Lappe

Mix:
1/2 water
1/2 cup instant dry powdered milk (substitute "Creme-It" adjusting amount??)
1 T honey

Add:
2 cups LF buttermilk (or add vinegar/lemon juice to LF soymilk)
1 1/2 cup rolled oats

If using unrefined rolled oats, refrigerate this mixture overnight for the
oats to
soften. (I've never done this and I use unprocessed oats.)

Beat in:
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten or equivalent substitute
1-2 tsp of cinnamon (My addition).

Bake on hot griddle or, for an even better result, let stand for from 1 to 24
hours.  (I have made the batter the night before and they turned out great).
These pancakes are moist and chewy.

~Sandee
 adritter@xxxxxxxxxxxx