Pickled Garlic recipe #2

Hi, all,

They advertise these in the Dixie catalog but they're WAY too expensive for my
tastes (my tastes being that I'd eat the whole teeny little jar and want more,
and at five bucks a pop plus shipping, that's too much!!).  I found this
recipe on the Kitchen Link message board and thought I'd pass it along.  BTW,
the catalog also features jalapeno flavored garlic, so guess what I'm adding
to this mix?  :)

PICKLED GARLIC
Peeled garlic cloves
Vinegar (white)
Sugar
Salt
Water
Purchase 1/2 gal peeled garlic cloves at Costco (about 7 dollars). Or peel
your own. Combine solution of 1/3 white vinegar, 2/3 water, 1 cup sugar, 1/4
cup salt. Must be enough to cover garlic. Bring solution to a full rolling
boil. Drop in peeled garlic. Return solution to full boil and boil 2 minutes.
Turn off fire and allow to cool. Put into container and store in cool place 3
months. Eat like peanuts. Bonus: The solution makes excellent salad dressing
too.