LF dessert

Dear ff,

Sorry for that *awful* posting for pureed squash...I tried using my ALT key
to get the funny french squiggly over the 'e' and failed miserably.  I'll
promise not to be so fancy anymore.

Anyway, Sandra wrote:
>I can probably handle
>the appetizers and main course (tho I don't know what yet) but dessert is my
>problem.

I don't know of a chocolate glazed number, but I made the following for my
SAD DAD,    :-)  and he thoroughly enjoyed it.  It came from a web site
some time ago, and could well have been the ff site.  If the original
sender recognizes it, thank you for the wonderful idea.

APPLE FANTASY
2/3 c flour
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 egg whites
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
3 tsp vanilla
3 c apples, cut small, skins opt.
-Preheat oven 350 F.
-Beat egg whites until fairly stiff.  Add sugar and vanilla while
continuing to beat until stiff.
-Fold in dry ingredients.  Dump in apples, and evenly distribute.
-Bake in a deep casserole dish for 45 min.
-Make a vanilla custard with skim milk and serve over top.

It's very satisfying, and looks super on the plate.  I wouldn't hesitate
serving it to guests.

Sharon

Sharon M.  BSc(Hons)Ost, MRO MGO
Reg'd Osteopath