Re: Lots of beans in your garden?

Most years I have lots and lots of fresh string beans from my organic garden.
This simple recipe is our favorite. (It works great with broccoli too!)

The orignal recipe used o*l but I modified it and it tastes just as good.

Italian Style String Beans

1 lb fresh string beans, ends cut off and  cut into bite size pieces
1/2  to 3/4 cup vegetable broth
2 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
freshly ground pepper and salt  to taste

Saute garlic in small amount of broth until soft. Add beans and stir-fry
until coated with garlic and broth. Add the rest of the broth. Cover and cook
until al dente, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add pepper and salt to taste.
Note: if you don't want to go through all these steps, just throw everything
into the pot, cover, and cook. These are soo good, I often eat just beans for
dinner.
Jan Bennicoff