Capsicum and Lentil soup

Leah wrote:
>What is capsicum?
And Monica replied:
>It is a pepper.  And a very hot one from what I've heard.

Capsicums here in Australia are a mild red or green or yellow pepper.   The
red ones are quite sweet, they are all quite tasty but not hot.

I'm not sure but I think they might be called a bell pepper in other places.

And here's a recipe for the quickest soup I know how to make.  I don't
think it matters exactly how much of everything goes in, just put in what
you like!

TOMATO AND LENTIL SOUP

One onion, diced (or about half a leek, diced)
One carrot, diced
One potato, diced
One stick of celery diced
Plus any other veges you have handy.

Saute veges in a little bit of water or stock or wine (I use a light red
wine!)
When almost tender add:

One can (or two) of crushed tomatoes (spicy ones if you have them)
One can of spicy lentils (I used a Sanitarium brand)

Cook until the veges are to your liking and it is good and hot.  Add some
chili if you like things spicy.

Quick, tasty and filling, nice with pita bread or just on its own.

Perfect for nights when it is cold and wet and you are late home from work!!

This is a recipe for all the Southern Hemisphere people who are shivering
through winter!!  And of course for everyone else too!!

Annabel
Annabel Gregory
(Quilter and Occupational Therapist)   ^^
Perth, Western Australia               >< (
kudu@xxxxxxxxxxxx                     (  ))
http://www.iinet.net.au/~kudu/kudu.html

Check out my Jewel Box swap at http://www.iinet.net.au/~kudu/swap.html