Breakfast Tortillas

I read with interest the various ways that people here behave in
restaurants.  Generally I try to stick with a few restaurants where I know
I can get the food I want, but sometimes that is not possible.

Recently I spent a week out of town with various family members as we dealt
with the death of our father and had to eat all of our meals in
restaurants.  My family was somewhat concerned about what restaurants I
could eat at but I assured them that I can almost always find something to
eat and they should not worry about me.  I made sure that I never ate any
meat or meat products, and I tried very hard to eat fatfree, but I did end
up eating a little more oil than I liked.  I would never have added to the
stress of the week by creating a scene in restaurants with their staff or
made my family uncomfortable. I did my best and one week of eating 15% fat
instead of 10% was not going to cause irrepairable damage.

We did chuckle at the one restaurant where the only option was a lettuce
salad and when I asked the wait person for some bread or a bun I was told
that they were not any good.  The other family members all had fish on a
bun and wondered if they should actually eat their bun after that comment.

Here is a new recipe that I made this morning for breakfast.  I added a
touch of fatfree cheese to the torillas when I spread the mixture on them.
Next time I will add some chilies for my husband who likes his food very
spicy.

Kathleen

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                           Breakfast Tortillas

Recipe By     : The McDougall Program for a Healthy Heart
Categories    : Breakfast                        Potatoes

   2      cups          hashed brown potatoes -- frozen
   1      cup           cooked brown rice
     1/4  cup           chopped green onions
     1/3  cup           salsa
     1/3  cup           corn kernels -- frozen
   5      each          whole wheat tortillas (4-6)

Cook the potatoes in a dry nonstick skillet, stirring frequently, until
lightly browned, about 15 minutes.  Add the remaining ingredients, except
the tortillas, and cook another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until
heated through.  Spoon a line of the mixture down the center of each
tortilla roll up, and eat.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 567

schuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx