Re:Family Receies

>Last, would anyone be interested in posting one of their family favorite =
>recipes?  I have a few FF recipes that are a hit with my family every =
>time I make them.  What are the recipes you make over and over again and =
>that survive every recipe box clean-out?
>
>Monica in McMinnville, Oregon

We used this one at Thanksgiving and Christmas--It is very good and the SAD
members of our family never knew the difference.

 From Robin

Tofu Pumpkin Pie

       1 can (16 ounces) pureed pumpkin
       3/4 cup sugar
       1/2 teaspoon salt
       1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
       1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
       1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
       1 package (10-12 ounces) soft tofu, processed in blender until smooth
       1 9-in unbaked pie shell

Preheat oven to 425 F. Cream the pumpkin and sugar. Add salt, spices, and
tofu, mix thoroughly.
Pour mixture into pie shell and bake for 15 minutes. Lower heat to 350 F
and bake for another 40
minutes. Chill and serve. Don't use the low fat tofu, then the pie tastes
like it was made with tofu.
This pie is soooo yummy, it will fool almost anyone. I made it last
Thanksgiving for my whole
family, I am the only one, and everyone asked for seconds. They begged me
to make another one
for Christmas dinner. Top with non dairy topping and it will fool any
pumpkin pie lover. Nutrition
Information: calories-195; fat-6g; saturated fat-2g

Serves: 8

Preparation time: about 1 hour + chilling time

Donald E. Stowe (Don) <destowe@xxxxxxxxxxxx>