potato & leek burgers

hi everyone, i've been a lurker on this list for waay too long, so it's
about time I contributed something! I adapted this recipe from the BBC's
vegetarian magazine, April 97 issue

Potato & Leek Burgers
Serves 2

450g potaotes,peeled & diced
225g cabbage, shredded
about 1/2 a leek, finely chopped (the original recipe called for 6 spring
onions, but I didn't have any)
50g ff cheddar cheese, grated
seasoning
(the original recipe also called for 2 tsp of wholegrain mustard, again I
didn't have any, so just left it out)

Boil potatoes 15-20 mins, till soft enough to mash.
Steam shredded cabbage 5-8 mins (it needs to retain some firmness)
Drain potatoes and mash, add all other ingredients and mix well.
Shape into 4 burgers.
Heat griller, and line with foil. Place burgers under griller, grill till
nicely browned - mine took about 8-10 mins on each side.
Be careful when turning them - I used an eggflip to 'slide' them over.
Serve with some lightly steamed veg and crusty bread - Yummo!