Roasted peppers...

> favorite veg sandwiches is nonfat ricotta and roasted red peppers
> (I buy them in jars- packed in water, but they are so much better
> if you make them yourself by charring a red pepper under the
> broiler and peeling off the skin).

Roasted peppers...yum!
This something that I have tried once and I  am not sure if I achieved
the desired texture and taste...
I can only used what we call Capsicums (bell pepeprs?)....
the result was a bit gooey/sticky/slimy, etc........
Did I do it right?...Roastes to me sounds being "crispy" , "browned",
etc...
Does anyone have a method to do this..

Thanks
PC