Re: Hummus

geofroy@xxxxxxxx (Jeanine T Geofroy) wrote:

> Someone wrote about a hummus recipe.  What is Tahini - maybe you can tell
> me the ingredients in that - I plan to make hummus sometime today.
> Thanks for your attention.

Tahini is sesame seed paste and is a traditional ingredient in hummus.
It is, however, high in fat so is not appropriate for recipes posted
to this list.

While some do not consider hummus to be hummus without tahini, others
do and there are 17 very low fat hummus recipes without tahini in the
fatfree archives.  And even if you consider tahini essential, these
other dips and spreads are very good in their own right, just think of
them as chickpea spreads.

As always, feel free to post any personal favorites or variations
(provided they meet the list recipes rules).

--
Michelle Dick             artemis@xxxxxxxxx              East Palo Alto, CA