Faster than a Speeding Lentil

Got this idea from The Tightwad Gazette III (Not a Cookbook).

To prepare any type of BEANS

1.  First, soak overnight
2.  Drain, rinse, & divide into portions (I did 1-cup portions)
3.  Freeze.  When the absorbed water freezes it breaks down the fiber in
the bean.
4.  Cook for 20 minutes or so..

The beans will be fully cooked & soft in 20 minutes!

Here's a hearty salad I make a lot during the summer.

Southwest Black Bean Salad

1 1/2 C. cooked black beans
1 1/2 C.  frozen corn kernels
a few slices (or more if you like)  of red onion, chopped finely
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 stalk of celery, chopped
juice of 2 limes
chili powder to taste
chill to mingle tastes & serve cold

If my salad doesn't seem moist enough, I add FF Italian dressing to
compensate