Omnivore-friendly food

I have some recipes that suit my SAD husband that are either adjustments of SAD
recipes or adjustments of vlf vegetarian recipes.  These are still lf but they
may be high in calories.

Garden Vegetable Gumbo
1 cup chopped onion
2 tbspns broth for sautee, have more on hand to add
2 cups thinly sliced carrots  (I like 'em)
1 and 2/3 cup brown rice
1  thinly sliced medium zucchini - about 1 and 1/2 cups
1  thinly sliced yellow medium squash - same as zucc
1 cup fresh or frozen yellow corn or more if you like
4 Yukon Gold potatoes, sliced thin
chopped medium red bell pepper
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups vegetable broth
15 oz can of garbanzo beans
1 and 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
1 and 1/2 teaspoons thyme

Cook onions and carrots in 2 tablespoons of the vegetable broth over medium to
low heat in stockpot for about five minutes - adding more broth to prevent
sticking, until onions are crisp-tender.  Add brown rice and the 4 cups of
vegetable broth, simmer for 20 minutes.  Add remaining ingredients and more
water if necessary, and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.

Vegetable *Fried* Rice

2 tablespoons broth for sauteeing
1 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup grated carrots
2 cups thawed frozen mixed veggies
4 cups cooked brown rice
3 tablespoons soy sauce (I always add much more)
2 tbspns brown rice syrup
1 tspn ground cumin*
2 tspns cayenne (optional)*
1 tspn curry powder (optional)*
1/2 tspn ground black pepper
4 oz of scrambled tofu or 4 scrambled eggs

Sautee the onions and garlic until the onions are translucent, add the grated
carrots and cook for about 5 minutes or until the carrots are tender.  Add the
rice, veggies, spices, soysauce and syrup, heat to mingle spice, about five
minutes to ten minutes, add tofu or eggs and heat thru.

*Tinker with the spice mixture in a small bowl to find what meets your taste.