the spice rack

i've collected just about every spice possible at this point (my SO makes fun
of all my little bottles!).  the most useful are:
thayme, basil, oregano, cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes, turmeric,
cinnamon, nutmeg, bay leaf, fennel/anise/caraway, garlic powder (too
convenient!), mustard powder and seeds, coriander seeds, peppercorns.

i do alot of ethnic cooking, so that collection
 (though i may have forgotten some)
allows me to do italian, mexican, and indian foods.  as has been stated before,
buy the spices in bulk from a HFS or a bulk supermarket.  they're fresher, and
allow you to buy the quantity you find useful.  not to mention they're
cheaper!!

thyme