Re: Marmite

For all those wanting to know how to use marmite

Yes it is strong and salty, so I'd advise u to spread it very, very thinly on
bread or toast.  It's really nice that way. Nothing like hot toast
and Marmite.

As a newbie to ff and vegetarianism, I find it is essential for me
for flavour.

Use it as a flavouring for soups, stews and gravies  - remember the old SAD meat
extract cubes?

Spread thinly on our new friends the patty pan squash after cutting
them in half.

If any of you make ff or lf pastry you can spread Marmite thinly on
this before baking.  Makes great savoury straws (as opposed to cheese
straws).

Frances Watts
for CompuQuest & Net!Heads
UUNet Internet Africa - Stanger franchise