sprouted beans

Be careful with sprouted beans unless you're sure of them.  Sprouted
lentils, peas and mung beans are fine for sure, but I know that in some
varieties (for example, kidney beans) the only part of the plant that is
edible is the bean itself ... the rest is very poisonous to humans.  I
don't know about pinto beans, but you may want to check it out before
you eat them and end up getting sick.  Otherwise, my understanding is
that sprouted beans are very good for you.

Leah