Ginger

Chris asked:

I remember reading on this list that you could freeze ginger root.  Do you
have to peel it first?  I understand that you can just grate it straight
from the freezer.  I have never used ginger before any tips would be greatly
appreciated.  Thank you ahead of time.

Chris, I don't recall that particular method of preserving the root, however
someone recently discussed planting the root  and letting it grow a bit.

I meant to save that post as I tire of tossing out old, dried, wrinkled
(ooops, that's ME!) ginger root.

Whoever posted that, could you post it again?

Bev