RE: Center for Science in the Public Interest

Center for Science in the Public Interest
http://www.cspinet.org/

The web site says the bulletin is $24 per year, but they always make a
much better renewal offer. I just renewed for a year for $9. Anyway,
these are people I don't mind giving money to.

In regards to the question about how much money people spend doing this
kind of program. It's been five years since I turned veggie, so I don't
really remember what my grocery bills were like before. It varies now,
but for 1 1/2 (boyfriend eats with me a lot) people, it's usually around
$40 every 7 or 10 days. It's more if I buy a lot of health food store
stuff like fat free tofu pudding, and less if I'm into a dry beans mood.
I've given up trying to economize on vegetables, though. I figure $2.59
for a celery root is still cheaper than a steak, and a lot more humane
too!

Sandy Gambill
St Louis, MO.