Re: Question about Drying Grapefruit

In _How to Dry Foods_ by Deanna DeLong, drying citrus fruits is not
recommended due to their juiciness and lack of firm textured pulp.

You can, however, freeze grapefruit.  Peel and section them, removing all
membranes and seeds. Pack in container of desired size and freeze. (My
_Ball Blue Book_ calls for a 40% sugar syrup, but I've frozen them
unsweetened before.)  Canning is also possible, as well as making
marmalade with them.

Jenny Herl              |   "The world has enough for everyone's need,
jlherl@xxxxxxxx         |    but not enough for everyone's greed."
University of Illinois  |
Urbana-Champaign        |    --attributed to Mahatma Ghandi (1869-1948)