MWLP/Relatives

I want to thank everyone who responded to my last post regarding
McDougall's MWLP and relatives.  I am still uncertain though about the
calorie thing.  I don't count calories and find my change of lifestyle
(not diet!) very easy to do.  I have lost 40 pounds in 4 months and
continue to lose slowly but surely.  I am very proud of the changes I
have made and what I have  accomplished.  BUT on page 168 of the book
The McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss it says your portions
should be starches and very low calorie dishes, the amounts vary based
on your goals.  This was what I didn't understand.  I don't know  what
is considered high in starch or how to figure out how many calories is
considered a very low cal meal.  Maybe I am complicating this too much.
I just have seen a slow down in weight loss.  I am not upset about this
- but thought maybe there was something I could do additionally for a
short period of time to see more weight come off before the holidays.  I
know it's best to lose slowly and that is my goal.

I also wanted to say, my husband is supportive, his family is the
problem.  My husband still eats some m**t, but has changed his eating
habits as well so this helps.  He just is not at the point that I am
at.  I agree with everyone that you cannot change someone elses habits
and I guess I will just have to offend people if that is the way they
take it.  I like the comment about telling people that I AM enjoying
myself and the food I choose to eat.

 I don't go to restaurants much but I have found it helpful to let
others pick the restaurant and I order what I am comfortable eating.
Generally speaking, I can find something that can easily be modified.  I
do make some concessions for ease at a restaurant (still no m**t!) and I
just don't go out much so it doesn't have to be an issue.

I love the changes I have made in my life and I can't begin to tell
people how happy I feel about it and how good I feel.  I know these
changes will benefit me AND my family for years and years.  I do look at
things much differently now than I ever have before.  I never feel
hungry, never deprive myself if I want something that maybe isn't really
good for me and I never feel guilty for the decisions I make.  I simply
make choices and feel good about the choices I make.

Thanks again for the support!  I tell people that I have a support group
and it's this digest.  The recipes are great (my 2 1/2 year old and I
love the zucchini brownies - we have them for breakfast all the time -
she thinks that 's pretty cool and I think it's great she's eating
veggies for breakfast!) and the information is really helpful!  Here's
to healthy living!