OAMC Side Dish

Hello, I have seen some requests for side dishes and this one turned out
well for us.  Actually we ate it as a main dish on toast, and the
cookbook says to broil leftovers on toast.  Baby liked it too...

CREAMY CORN AND SPINACH
2 tsp vegetable oil
1 C chopped onions
1 16-oz can cream-style corn
1 10-oz pkg spinach, thawed/drained well
Salt to taste
1/4 tsp pepper

Topping
2 Tbs wheat germ
2 Tbs grated Parmesan cheese
2 tsp reduced-calorie margarine

Lightly oil a 1-quart baking dish or spray with a nonstick cooking
spray.

Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.  Add onions and
cook, stirring frequently, until onions are lightly browned and edges
begin to crisp, about 10 minutes.  Add small amounts of water if
necessary to prevent sticking.

Place browned onions in a large bowl.  Add corn, spinach, salt, and
pepper.  Mix well.  Spoon into prepared baking dish.

Combine wheat germ and parmesan cheese and sprinkle evenly over
casserole.  Dot with margarine.

(This is where I froze it.  You can thaw it and then:)

Bake uncovered at 375F for 30 minutes.

***My modifications:  Instead of oil, I used 1/4 C veggie broth.  I used
vegan soy margarine, and also skipped the parmesan.  I think you could
skip the wheat germ, parmesan, and margarine and just sprinkle bread
crumbs on top.