What to say

I sympathize with others over dealing with people who have to comment on
our food choices even when we have tried to be discreet. I've found a
very useful way to respond to people who ask me unwarranted and personal
questions of all sorts: turn it around by asking them a question.

Just say, "Why do you ask?" or "Why does my choice bother you?" or "Do
you really want to hear, or are you just offering an opinion?" Okay, the
last one is a little on the miffed side.

Julie in San Jose