Morningstar Farms crumbles

Someone else posted a positive review of Morningstar Farms' crumbles (to
be used as a ground beef substitute), so I grabbed a box when I was at
Safeway.

I made Sloppy Joe's for my husband and myself, telling him beforehand
that I was going to do this. He had seconds both nights we had it (a rare
occurrance) and told me I should make it for his family sometime and not
tell them - they would never know the difference!

I tried making burrito filling once before using Gimme Lean and taco
seasonings, and he wasn't really sold on it, so this is a definite
improvement.

One cautionary note: the MorningStar Farms crumbles come pre-browned and
frozen. You just add them to whatever you're making. However, I thought
they had an awful smell before adding all the spices, so I wouldn't
recommend using them in anything bland.

Julie in San Jose