RE: Two recipe requests

>Been on an Indian kick lately, and would love to make some vegan VLF Nan
>and a dish I don't know the name of, but it's kind of a potato-spinach
>curry.  If you've heard of them, have a recipe or any ideas, please let me
>or the list know.

Hi Dennis,
	Palac Aloo (potato and spinich recipe) is one of my favorites.  I
seem to remember it as being very oily.  However, I found the following
recipe at:  http://sunsite.auc.dk/recipes/english/cat78.html  "Morten's
Recipe Collection,"  and it is oil free.  He has plenty of other Indian
recipes there as well!

>Palak Aloo (Chunks of Potato Cooked with Fresh Spinach)
>
>Ingredients
>
>14 oz. fresh or frozen spinach
>1/2 lb. potatoes
>1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds
>1/2 tsp cumin seeds
>scant 1/3 cup chopped tomato
>1/4 tsp tumeric
>1/2 tsp chili powder
>optional-if you can find fenugreek leaves (menthi) replace 2 0z.
>of spinach with it, removing hard stems.
>

>Instructions
>

>Weigh spinach weigh it after you remove the stems and chopped it. Wash
>thoroughly and drain in colander (unless prewashed, spinach is grown in
>sand and very dirty). If using frozen spinach, defrost, and drain in
>colander. Scrub taters don't peel 'em. Cut into quarters, then cut each
>quarter into 2 pieces, making 8-12 pieces per tater. Pam or use good
>nonstick heavy pan and dryfry seeds. Just before they scortch and burn the
>house, add tomato, tumeric, chili (salt is always optional). Mix and cook
>for 30 seconds. Add the spinach and tater and mix well so vegies get
>coated in the spices Cover pan and simmer for 15-20 minutes. If still a
>little moisture, remove lid and let it dry out by cooking rapidly over
>medium heat for a >few minutes, but don't let it burn!

Lynda

\*/\*/Pixilated@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx \*/\*/\*/ Southern California \*/\*/ _@v
Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired?
The problem may be the food you're eating:   http://www.celiac.com/