Brownies Divine

First I want to say HI FRANKIE!!!! a friend of mine just joined the list
....I want to also say that i  enjoy this list SO MUCH and seldom write
anything ,since I don't cook that much or with much fuss(thanks also to the
list for simple ideas)> If my comments to follow are against the "rules" i
apologize-it's been a while since i read them..

Tonite I just had to let y'all know that i made the zucchini brownies with
a yellow crooked neck squash and just moments ago had one.......warm ,with
nonfat frozen yogurt and fresh raspberries over the top. DIVINE!!!
Haven't tried the carrots , yet , but i expect that variation to be
wonderful, also.

Earlier this evening i went to my local  organic food store(Eugene,
OR-where you can find EVERYTHING you need for healthy eating) and bought
some unsweetend cocoa in bulk. I also found some low fat unsweetened in a
can(the same one that Dixie sells) and couldn't believe the price! I also
noticed that the regular cocoa was not only cheaper but not nearly as high
in fat as i thought. Now, i know that many are trying to be as fatfree as
possible but here's the comparison. (Please correct me if I'm wrong)The
"lowfat" serving was 1 1/4 teaspoon with no fat, 15 calories. The
regular"normal" fat serving was 1 TABLESPOON with 0.5 g fat and 30 calories
SO..... if my calculations are correct, the same amount of lowfat had 36
calories while the regular has 30 and only 0.5 fat.  There are 4
tablespoons in 1/3 cup so the entire recipe for the brownies has only 2.0
grams of fat. Each portion is pretty darned low in fat depending how you
cut it. I know this is kind of picky but i found it very interesting that
at one time i may have grabbed the high priced "lowfat" cocoa without
thinking this through.

One last thing.... Some of the prices in Dixie's are outrageous!!! This can
of lowfat cocoa was about $3.00 and sells for close to $6.00 in the
catalog. I noticed many other products with really inflated prices. I do
buy some things from Dixie's that i can't live (Creme It) without BUT just
another reminder to check all possible sources.

Well, thanks again
Anni

P.S. My boyfriend and I are going to Costa Rica in late January and i was
wondering if anyone had any comments about the food there.

" The highest form of bliss is living with a certain degree of folly"
              Esidrius Erasmus

Anni O'Shea
Institute of Neuroscience
University of Oregon