Some Thanksgiving treats

Hello there:

It's been a while since I have posted but I came across these recipes
that I made last year and they were delicious.  So for the Canadians in
the group, here are some treats for Thanksgiving (you Americans , copy
them down for Nov.)  By the way I have checked the ingredient list on my
box of Jello instant pudding and find nothing of an animal nature there.
Here goes:

Pumpkin Mousse Pie

10 sheets of phyllo pastry
1 1/2 c. evaporated skim milk
3/4 c. canned pumpkin
1 30g. (approx. 1 oz.) pkg. light instant vanilla pudding mix
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. each of ground ginger and ground cloves
1 1/2 c. light whipped topping of your choice (dream whip etc.)

Pour milk, pumpkin, pudding mix, and spices into a large bowl and whisk
until thickened.  Fold in whipped topping and refrigerate.
Lightly spray 10' pie plate with veg. spray. Line with 2 sheets pastry -
trim edges. Spray lightly with veg. spray and repeat until all 10 sheets
are used. Bake @ 350 deg. 10 minutes or till golden brown. Cool pastry
and spoon in pumpkin mixture(Not too long before serving or crust will
get too soggy) garnish with extra whipped topping if desired.  Serves 6.
 This recipe was published in the Vancouver Province newspaper Oct./96.
The recipe as published said one serving contained 115 calories and 1.5
grams of fat.

Butternut Squash Gravy

1 c. peeled, diced butternut squash
3/4 c. veg. broth
1 bay leaf
1 cinnamon stick
s + p to taste
1 tbsp. honey or maple syrup
2 tbsp. w. wine
2 tbsp. corn starch

Combine squash, broth, bay leaf, cinnamon stick, honey or syrup in a
sauce pan and simmer until squash is cooked (approx 15 min.).  Combine
cornstarch and wine and add to squash mixture-simmer 5 minutes.  Remove
cinnamon stick and bay leaf, add salt and pepper and puree.  Makes 1 cup
of gravy.  Vancouver Province says .2 gms fat per tbsp.

Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving

Joanne DeVries in Vancouver B.C.