frozen tomatoes

Hi all - summer tomatoes are wonderful - when I froze them and dutifully
ran under warm water, they did indeed peel beautifully, but then turned
into must upon thawing further - is this method for cooking and making
tomato sauces??  it sure didn't work in salad!!  thanks to all for
ongoing support -
     TONIGHT 	for dinner we had grilled portabello mushrooms on ff buns
w/ ff mayonaise - marinated the shrooms in soy, ginger, balsamic vinegar
and 1 tsp of sugar - yummm w/ fresh corn and salad...peace to all,
diana in st. louis