Recipe Makeover

Hi all.  I have this recipe for "Foundation Filled Date Cookies".  Some
little old lady made them and gave some of the cookies to my husband.
They were extremely delicious and not too sweet...just right!  The next
time he saw her he got the recipe.  Unfortunately, it has milk and eggs
and shortening.  Also, unfortunately, I am a lousy cook who needs exact
measurments to get anything right.  Is there anyone out there I can
e-mail the recipe to who can turn it into a low fat AND vegan recipe for
me?  Thanks, KarenM.