I met Dr. McDougall

Jan said:

> Not fair, not fair at all.  You have to tell us what he said, what he was
> selling if anything, what he was doing at the fair, just signing autographs
> or doing workshops or what.  Do tell!

I know!  Aren't you all just JEALOUS????  ;-)  I'm sure I
acted like a complete idiot with Dr. McDougall, but I was
just so amazed to be talking with him!  Before the seminar,
he actually sat down with my husband and me for 15 minutes
for a private conversation!  The best part of this was when
he said I'm a "slim woman" who doesn't need to lose any more
weight; (I lost 85 pounds in 1997).  The funniest thing was
when my husband joked with him saying, "I'm Italian.  We
NEED olive oil."  I just about fell over.

To answer your questions, his seminar was on "5 Dietary
Myths", which I'm sure you're all familiar with.  It was
great hearing/seeing him in person because I've read all of
his books.

He wasn't selling ANYthing.  Unlike when I saw Dr. Barnard,
Dr. McDougall did not have a stack of books to sell and
sign.  I brought my MWL book for him to sign, though.  He
wrote:  "To Sheri, looking great and never hungry.  J.
McDougall"

The reason he was at the fair was to do 2 seminars.  His
second one on Sunday was about disease treatment/prevention,
I think.  Anyway, if he's anywhere near you, please see
him.  I think he finally got through to my husband.  On the
way home in the car, he said, "I think I'll change my
special meal requests on airplanes to vegetarian."  Hurrah!

Sheri