"Chicken" broth

At 08:09 AM 12/4/98 -0600, jacri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>	Kathleen -- I hate to be the one to break the news to you but in
>addition to leaving out the cayenne, you may want to omit the chicken broth
>in this recipie as this is a VEGETARIAN listing.  Just a thought.

Sorry about the error.  Yes, I know that this is a vegetarian listing, and
I am a vegetarian.  I missed that recipe change because I automatically use
other things when I see nonvegetarian broths being used.  Sometimes I will
use Swanson's vegetable broth, but this fall I did buy a bag of "vegetarian
chicken" broth at Whole Foods.  This powder was quite expensive, but I
really like the convenience of grabbing it from the freezer, where I keep
it in a double zip lock bag, and using one spoonful per cup of water when a
recipe calls for broth, and I did that in the Curried Squash Soup recipe.

I've just started to but some crumbled Green Giant's Harvest Burgers, which
is a frozen textured protein product, to use in recipes that call for
ground meat.  I usually avoid those recipes, but thought that my husband
would like them.  However, he has been cooking stuff for himself with this
product on nights I'm away, so I have not had a chance to use it.

Kathleen
schuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx