beans

< Do I have to have the beans cooked before I put it in the
crock pot, or do I just have to soak them and put them in? tia.>

I always make a traditional stew called "cholent" on Friday afternoon for our
Jewish Saturday Sabbath lunch meal.  It contains a variety of beans, barley,
potatoes, onions etc etc.  I never even soak the beans.. just put em in with
the other ingredients and pour in water to cover and let er cook...of course I
have the pot going before sundown Friday and we don't take it off the heat
until noon on Saturday.  At least 20 hours!!...(It is brought to a boil and
then kept on very low heat (200). The beans are always fine..

Peggy