Cooking rice in pressure cooker

Hello folks - I have been using pressure cookers for about 35 years, and I'm
from New Orleans.

Rather then potatoes, our main staple here is white rice, and in the family
it's cooked almost every day, and eaten with some kind of sauce (gravy) (red
beans & rice), mixed with it, or steamed in a rice mix like jambalaya, or
dirty rice.

If you really like rice, cook 3 raw cups, and put left overs in the frig and
use it another day - then heating it up in a microwave with your gravy or
beans mixed together.

I don't mean to be disrespectful - but I laugh to, myself when you say you
cook plane white rice in a pressure cooker (unheard of here), and you seem
so proud of what you're doing.

Normally in Louisiana people cook rice in one of two ways, either boiled or
steamed. Myself - I boil mine and it's so simple & quick, and just in a
plain pot with a cover on it.

First use plain LONG GRAIN RICE, and then you boil it like you do potatoes.
We use short grain rice here for rice pudding (ugh).

Put enough water on to boil, you can't have too much, but you can have too
little. When the water comes to a boil, put the rice in, wait a few minutes,
then stir it good. Time it for exactly 13 minutes from the time you put the
rice into the boiling water. Bring back to a boil.

When done, stir well to scrape bottom, then dump the rice into a colander to
drain, then rense with how water from the faucet till the draining water
becomes clear and that's it. Now ain't that simple?

NOTE: You rense the rice after cooking to remove the starch around the rice
grains, to keep them from sticking together. If you don't mind the sticking
together, you don't rense.

Just think - you don't have to clean that pressure cooker, and those grains
of rice are not stuck together from steaming or from a rice cooker, and you
will enjoy it a lot more - I promise. Mostly Orientals steam rice, other
commercial establishments boil it like I suggested.  Rice cookers were first
used in the orient. Cajun Joe