Bed & Breakfast breakfast

Hi all,

My husband and I are just finishing up scuba lessons, and our local shop
tends to take their students up to Nubble Lighthouse in York, ME. as a
popular place for certification dives.  We were scheduled for our dives at
5am (!!!) Saturday, so we drove up Friday night and got a room at a bed &
breakfast place in Cape Neddick, ME.  Up at 4am, off to the lighthouse for
our dives at 5am, back to the B&B around 8 or 8:30, quick showers for both
of us, then down to a _wonderful_ breakfast!  Our hostess, whom we had
told of our dietary limitations, had made us a fruit plate with
blueberries, nectarines and strawberries, followed by "hash browns" that
consisted of potatoes, sweet potatoes, string beans and corn that she had
dry-fried (or so close to dry-fried that we couldn't taste or feel much
oil at all) and sprinkled a bit of pepper on.  Tea and OJ rounded it out.
Exactly what was needed after spending all that time in 45-50 degree (F)
water at the crack of dawn!  :)

Oh, and if you're ever in the neighborhood of York, Cape Neddick or
Ogunquit, ME, and it's dinner time, check out Frankie & Johnny's Natural
Foods Restaurant on Rte. 1 between Cape Neddick and Ogunquit.  Not
completely veg (chicken & fish on the menu), but they always have a fair
amount of veg food, and there's always something vegan there.  We had
their Asian vegetable soup (tasted somewhere between Thai and Indian --
quite good, though oily) and what they call the "Veggie Feast", which is a
huge serving-platter covered with steamed veggies, polenta, new red
potatoes (slightly mashed), brown rice pilaf, black beans and herbs.
Waaaay more food than we could possibly eat, and delicious!
Unfortunately, we left our leftovers in the fridge at the B&B when we left
yesterday... :/

Faith

--
Faith                       |"Censorship ends in logical completeness when
faith@xxxxxxxxx             |nobody is allowed to read any books except the