Zucchini recipe

This is for Chris, who wrote:

>My squash crop is coming in quickly.  Does anyyone have a good stuffed
>zuchinni recipe?  I would also welcome any other squash recipes.

I made this last night for a dinner party with friends.  It was
delicious!!! and everyone left their plates clean.  It comes from "The New
McDougall Cookbook," which I have been cooking my way through for months
now :)  It takes some preparation, but the results are well worth the
effort.  Enjoy,  @->  Tina

ZUCCHINI LASAGNA  (8 servings - or 6, in my house)

1/2 lb tofu, frozen and thawed  (I used herbed tofu)
2 Tbs.  onion powder
1/4 c. fresh lemon juice
1 c.     diced onion
3 Tbs. minced garlic
2 Tbs. soy sauce
2 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
2 Tbs. Parsley Patch seasoning, general blend (I used Mrs. Dash, The Original)
1 bunch spinach, washed and trimmed
4 zucchini (mine were hefty), sliced lengthwise 1/4 inch thick
6 cups Marinara Sauce (recipe following)
1 1/2 c. seasoned bread crumbs (recipe following)

*Preheat oven to 350 F
*Press as much water out of tofu as possible, then cut into cubes (I
crumbled it).  Saute the tofu and onion powder  in the lemon juice until
lightly browned.  Add the onion, garlic, soy sauce, basil, and PP
seasoning.  Saute @ 5 minutes longer.  Stir in the spinach and saute until
limp, 1-2 minutes.
*Place a small amount of Marinara Sauce in the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch
baking dish.  Lay the zucchini over the sauce, followed by tofu mixture.
Repeat, topping with the last of the Marinara sauce and sprinkled with the
bread crumbs.
*Bake for 40 min, or until lightly browned and bubbly.     YUM!!

MARINARA SAUCE

1 onion, chopped
1/2 lb. mushrooms, chopped (I sliced)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 (15 oz) can stewed tomatoes
1 (15 oz) can tomato puree
1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
1 tsp. dried basil
1tsp. oregano
2 Tbs. parsley flakes
2 green peppers, coarsely chopped
1 tsp. vegetarian Worcestershire sauce

*Saute onion, muchrooms, and garlic in a small amount of water for 10 min.
Add remaining ingredients.
Simmer, uncovered, over low heat for 1 or 2 hours, until thick.

CHEESY SOURDOUGH BREAD CRUMBS

4 slices whole-wheat sourdough bread
1 - 2 Tbs.  grated soy parmesan cheese
1 Tbs. minced fresh parsley

*Break up the bread slices and process until finely chopped.  Add remaining
ingredients and mix well.