cookies!

Andi, I think it's great that you are learning to cook and especially that
you are learning to do it the healthy way at the age of 12!  Way to go!

Here's a favorite cookie recipe of mine:

Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies

3 c. oatmeal
1 c. whole wheat flour  (or 2 c. oatmeal and 2 c. whole wheat flour,
whatever combination you want)
1 t. soda
1/4 t. nutmeg
1 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 c. sugar (or less)
1 t. vanilla
2/3 c. raisins or dried apples or dried cranberries

Combine the first four ingredients.  Mix up the next 3 ingredients and add
them to the dry ingredients.  Stir in the dried fruit.  Roll in small balls
and smash to 1/4 " thickness on the cookie sheet.  Bake at 275 degrees for
22-25 minutes.

Makes about 50 cookies with only .3 grams of fat each.

I realize this recipe does have "sugar" in it but the proportion of sugar
to other ingredients is a lot smaller than many recipes and I like the fact
that it doesn't have any milk products, eggs, oil, etc.

Try it Andi.  I also recently tried two cookie recipes from the Archives
with great success.  They were the Orange Oatmeal Cookies (kids loved them)
and Ginger Snaps (the one that has apple butter as it's first ingredient -
no 'sugar' in this one)  Loved them both!

And for everybody else, isn't it great when you find something simple and
delicious?   I just had a wonderful salad for dinner.  I grated 1 granny
smith apple and 1 large carrot.  That's it.  It was so juicy and delicious,
no need for dressing or seasoning of any kind.

Thanks to everyone for all your ideas and support.

Sam