Re: Fruit Spreads

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Dulude, Karen wrote:

> I would like to know if anyone has a recipe to make Fruit Spreads with
> out any added sugars.  I have a peach tree and raspberry bushes and I
> would love to make some fruit spreads, but I have never seen a recipe
> for it, only for regular sugar-laden jams.
>
> Karen

I use the Ball Low/No sugar pectin.  Look for it in the grocery with the
canning supplies.  It comes with recipes.  I've usually made them with low
sugar (1 cup sugar per 5 cups fruit--instead of the usual 4-5 cups sugar
needed with regular pectin).  I've made blueberry, peach, red raspberry
and cherry.

Jenny Herl              |   "The world has enough for everyone's need,
jlherl@xxxxxxxx         |    but not enough for everyone's greed."
University of Illinois  |
Urbana-Champaign        |    --attributed to Mahatma Ghandi (1869-1948)