Creamy Black Bean Soup

I had an EXCELLENT black bean soup this weekend at a local Mexican restaurant.
It looked like it had cream (could use FF evaporated skim milk) and a bit of
tomato sauce or paste.  It also had bacon.  The final soup was blended smooth
leaving only tiny bits of the black skin visible.  The seasoning was very
mild, not like my traditional black bean soup.  Does anyone have any ideas on
how I might be able to replicate this in a LF or FF manner?