EGGPLANT

Just want to submit my 2 cents worth about salting eggplants - I never salt
eggplant no matter how I'm fixing it and I love it by itself, grilled, or with
other things, such as in salads and/or casseroles or chili or whatever. I
think that some people taste a bitterness and some don't - it's probably a
hereditary thing. There are a lot of individual variations in the way we
experience food flavors and it shows up in areas like this. I have observed
this difference in other foods too.

Zoe in Santa Cruz