wheat berries

I never soak wheat berries prior to using.  I'm not sure exactly what kind
I use (hard or soft) but they look like plump rice kernels and take about
45 minutes to cook.  They make a great breakfast: cook with half of the
cooking liquid as water, half as juice (I like to use apple) - or maybe
less if you don't like sweet things - spices like cinnamon, and some dried
fruit.  It's great hot or cold.

Elizabeth