Porta(drool)bellas!

Oh, Susan!  I'm so envious!!!  I recently got some 8 oz. packages of sliced
portabellas on sale and completely fell in love with them.  I dry-sauteed
them in a nonstick skillet, then, for one batch, added a bit of Bragg's
Aminos at the end (I used vegetarian worcestershire sauce the other time).
Then, I put a few slices between a couple of thick slices of whole grain
bread, with alfalfa sprouts for topping.  For my son, I put slice of ff
cheese underneath the hot mushrooms, at let it melt.  He asked for seconds,
which he seldom does for the 'totally disgusting' stuff I cook these days.
(imagine my eyes rolling here)  I never did get around to doing anything
else with them until they were gone and haven't been able to make myself
pay full price for those little packages since.  Sigh.  For your large
party, maybe you could grill them over charcol and hickory/mesquite chips?
Mmmmmm....

Jane
--------------------------------------
>A local veggie market has big boxes of portabella mushrooms on sale,
>5 pounds for $7.99, a great bargain. if I got a box, what could I do
>with it? I'm cooking for a large party in about 3 weeks, any ideas? It's
>just me by myself, so I would need to DO something with this great
>bounty for others.
>
>Thanks.
>Susan

     Jane Smith
     mjsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
     Special Collections, Pickler Memorial Library
     Truman State University (formerly NMSU)
     Kirksville, Missouri  USA