Re: Nougat

From: afisher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Albert Lee Fisher)
>Hello...What is nougat? Here it's that sweet gunky stuff in side some
>candy bars and chocolate -dipped candy.  Is that what you want to
>make? Or is it something different in Australia as opposed to USA.

Sort of... It's not the fudgey stuff that you get in chocolate bars and
the like.  I want to make the plain white nougat.... usually called
French Nougat.  It's soft, white and chewy and often contains almonds
(although the dried fruit ones are MUCH nicer).  You usually get it
wrapped in edible rice paper.  A nice sweet fatfree treat.  :)

Robyn - Brisbane, Australia