How about some recipes?

I know "the pot shouldn't call the kettle black", but how about let's
start sharing some recipes?  Seems the discussion lately has be focused
on different cooking "vessels", and there hasn't really been any
recipes. Does anyone have something new to contribute, such as a "new
creation", or an old favorite adapted to the FF style?  My old standbys
are getting boring - sure could use some inspiration!

I have some dried shiitake mushrooms taking up space in my pantry due to
the fact that I'm not quite sure how to use them.  Would they be good in
a mushroom-barley soup?
I'm open to suggestions....

Here's a delicious soup from "Everyday Cooking with Dr. Dean Ornish"

The Ginsberg's Creamy Corn Soup

1 cup finely diced onion
1/4 cup Veg. broth
3 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels, or 2 (15 oz) cans corn, drained
2 Tbsp diced green chilies (I use a small can)
2 Tbsp diced red pimiento
2 cups nonfat milk
Salt & pepper
Cayenne pepper (optional)
1 Tbsp cilantro (optional)

In a large saucepan, combine onion and veg broth.  Bring to a simmer,
covered, over moderated heat and simmer until onion is softened, about 5
minutes.

Put 1/2 cup corn in a small bowl with chilies and pimiento.  Stir to
combine.

Add remaining 2 1/2 cups corn and the milk to the onion.  Bring to a
boil.  Cover, adjust heat to maintain a simmer, and cook until corn is
tender, about 5 minutes.  Cool slightly, then puree in blender or food
processor until smooth.  Return soup to pot.  Stir in
corn/chile/pimiento mixture.  Reheat gently, season to taste with salt &
pepper.  Add a pinch of cayenne if desired.

Serves 4

Serving size: 1 cup      Calories:  158    Fat 1.65g    Cholesterol:
2.2 mg
Carbohydrates:  31.4 g  Protein: 8.3g  Sodium: 81.6 mg (with fresh corn
& no salt added)

This is also excellent with some diced cooked potatoes added, (or in a
pinch some thawed potatoes O'Brien), which makes a nice corn chowder.