Kale vs. Taro

Kim wrote:
> Hello there, I am in Wellington, New Zealand and have never heard of
Kale,
> but the receipes sound really interesting, I was wondering if our Pacific
> Islands' Taro is a version of Kale, it is a very hard tuberous vegetable
> that looks kind of like a giant potato.  It would be great to know as
then I
> could subsitute it!.

No ... kale is a curly, dark green leafy vegetable. It looks a bit like
romaine lettuce, except that it is darker and more rigid. Spinach, Swiss
chard or any other kind of dark green leafy will probably work in the kale
recipes.

Be well, Hadass

Dr. Hadass Eviatar (XX)				mailto:eviatar@xxxxxxxxxx
National Research Council of Canada		Phone: (204) 984 - 6618
Institute for Biodiagnostics			Fax:     (204) 984 - 7036
435 Ellice Avenue, Winnipeg, MB, R3B 1Y6	http://www.ibd.nrc.ca/~eviatar
  -- Fire and hail, snow and vapour, stormy wind fulfilling His word --
Psalm 148