Re: green tea

> Hello...Read with interest your post on the green tea.  Is Dragonwell the
> brand name?  I have not seen it around here.  I try to drink green tea but
> it was always to bitter.  Now I read somewhere don't let it steep longer
> than 3 minutes, so I set time now once I put teabag in.  But still need to
> add a bit of honey.  I don't normally drink ice tea in the winter, only
> hot.  But for future reference how  many teabags do you use to what amount
> of water.  I buy the Celestial Seasonings decaf green tea.
>
> Bye...Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth,

If you are aware of this already I apologize.  Green tea needs to steep
in hot but not boiling water, otherwise the leaves cook and the tea is
bitter.  Water at about 180 degrees is good.  I heat the water in a pot
and use a candy thermometer to gauge the temperature.  The tea can
steep longer at this temp, 3-5 mins or more, depending on your taste.

Donna
hdf@xxxxxxxxx