Rice Pudding

Boy, this list has been really quiet lately, hasn't it?  The digests used
to be really long every day, but now there are rarely more than 5-10
messages.  What happened?  Did everyone head for the new uncensored
veglist?  (just kidding ;-)  )  All kidding aside, this list has gotten
really quiet.  Perhaps we could start a thread about the upcoming holidays.
Being veg during the holidays is hard enough, but when you add ff to the
list it becomes even more challenging--especially if you are visiting
others!!!!

Well, anyway...someone requested a recipe for rice pudding a couple of days
ago and it just so happens that I have a couple.  These are both from _The
New McDougall Cookbook_.

Rice Pudding
serves 4

2 cups cooked brown rice
3/4 cup soy milk
3/4 cup warm water
1/2 to 1 cup raisins
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

Preheat the oven to 325° F.

Combine all of the ingredients and pour into a 3-quart casserole; cover and
bake for 45 minutes, or until set.  Serve hot or cold.

Fruit-Rice Pudding

2 cups cooked brown rice
1 cup crushed pineapple in its own juice, drained
2 tablespoons raisins
1 banana, peeled and chopped
3/4 cups hot water
1/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Preheat the oven to 350° F.

Mix the rice, pineapple, and raisins in a bowl.

Put the remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor and process
until smooth.  Add to the rice mixture and mix well.

Pour into a 3-quart casserole.  Cover and bake for 30 minutes, or until
set. Serve hot.

Kristin