RE: Braai Vegetable Mix

Here's a variation on the recipe posted by Joanne.

We have huge wild mushrooms here called makawi (sp) which I use as a
base to load other veggies into, such as peas, sweetcorn, sliced
baby marrows (courgettes) - oh, let your imagination run wild on
this!

I sprinkle fresh, chopped herbs, seasoning etc over the top, wrap it
in foil, and either braai (barbeque) it or oven bake it.  The
moisture from the veggies steam everything without the addition of
any extra, although a couple of drops of soy sauce adds a good
flavour.

I have also varied this by adding chunks of tofu for extra "body" or
a dollop of fatfree cottage cheese.

> Braai Vegetable Mix (Barbeque)
>
> 1 butternut squash, peeled and chopped into squares
> 4 potatoes, peeled and chopped into slices
> 1 tbsp brown sugar
> Here the original called for 5 tbsp butter - I used a
> couple of sprays
> of Pam spray and it worked great
> 1 sliced onion
> 1 pkt soup powder (I didn't have any, so mashed a veggie
> bouillon cube
> and mixed with some dried parsley and dried onions)
>
> Mix all ingredients together
> Place in 1 person foil packets (I used 4 of them)
> This is supposed to be barbequed, but I baked it for an
> hour at about
> 350.
>
> Also can add mushrooms and garlic.

------
Fran Watts
Ballito, South Africa

"The temple of peace is within you - feel it and enjoy."