Bean dish

Someone had requested the bean, tomatoe and sage recipe.

I never use exact measurements but here is the recipe.

Soak about 2 cups of beans (I've used great northern) overnight.

Drain and rinse beans and cook in enough water to cover beans and then
some

When beans have cooked for about an hour, drain and set aside.

16 oz can of tomatoe (I use Muir organic
1 clove of garlic
Sage (I use a good amount to bring out the flavor)

Lightly saute garlic with a bit of water.
Add tomatoe and sage and simmer for about 15 minutes
Add beans and blend well and cook for about 5 more minutes.

I had this in Italy this past Summer and have been making it every week
since then.  I also tried it with using garden tomatoes that was also
good.  The tomatoe sage combination is lovely.

karen