re: eggplant

Hi!  To me eggplant caviar sounds like a version of baba ganouj, which
(although I've never tasted cavier), has a similar appearance.  Usually,
this dish is served with pita and is made with los of oil and tahini, so
I don't know how it will taste without the fat.  I've had the following
recipe for a long time, so I don't know who the credit goes to...

Baba Ganouj

Ingredients:

1 large eggplant
1 Tbs. Sesame tahini
2 Tbs. parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp. garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 Tbs. lemon juice
pepper, to taste

Directions:

Make a slice in the eggplant, and cook in the microwave for a few
minutes, or until collapses and becomes mushy. Scoop out the inside and
place in a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients, and mash and stir
until the mixture is well blended. Serve hot or cold, with whole wheat
pita.

have fun!
Hadley

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Sauna/7015/