TVP Contents

Namaste,

I have been lurking since the first of the year.  Love the list and have learned so much from all of you.  Will often share a favorite recipe I've found here with my yoga students.

According to The TVP Cookbook by Dorothy R. Bates.  TVP is produced from soy flour after the soybean oil has been extracted, then cooked under pressure, extruded and dried.  TVP has zero cholesterol.  It can be fortified with vitamins, including Vitamin B 12.  An excellent source of protein and fiber, TVP is low in sodium and has almost no fat.  It is high in potassium, is a good source of the essential aminoacids and also contributes calcium and magnesium to one's diet.

Tesla
Quantum Specialties