Re: FATFREE Digest V99 #105

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999 03:18:19 -0700, you wrote:

  My family just became
>( reluctantly) vegeans.  My husband at 47 just underwent a triple
>bypass. And since I do not want to be a rich young widow we have decided
>to do the vegan route ala Dean Ornish.

  Unless Ornish changed his plan since writing the books I
have ("Eat More, Weight Less" and "Everyday Cooking with Dr.
Dean Ornish"), it is NOT vegan.  Ornish includes egg whites
and non-fat dairy products in his plan.  It's vegetarian and
it's very low-fat, but it's not vegan.  Vegan includes no
animal foods at all.

   This distinction is important, I think, at least I know
it is to me.  It's MUCH easier for me to follow the 10%
calories from fat, egg whites and non-fat dairy products
included, diet recommended by Ornish than it is for me to
follow a very low-fat and vegan diet.

 No, I don't know of a specifically Ornish-oriented list.
But I'll bet there's one out there somewhere!
Pat Meadows